Emergency Ride Home Benefit
New Rules effective November 1, 2012
When you register with GO MAINE to carpool, vanpool, bike, walk or ride the bus, you are eligible for our Emergency Ride Home Benefit (ERH). It’s a free taxi ride with a registered taxi company or Enterprise Rent-a-Car home in the event you get sick at work, an illness, there’s a family crisis, unscheduled overtime or other unforeseen workday emergency.
This benefit is only available to registered GO MAINE commuters – regular users of our carpool, vanpool, transit or bicycling programs that share a ride at least 3 times per week. Use of this special benefit is limited to two times within a single month or eight times within a calendar year.
How ERH works
To be eligible for the Emergency Ride Home Benefit you must select it when you sign up with GO MAINE. Otherwise, log in to your commuter profile and select it now.
Car Rental: If your commute is GREATER than 20 miles one-way, you’ll need a rental car.
- Log in to your GO MAINE account and click on the Emergency Ride Home page to get a printable rental car request form. Print this off before you rent the car and fax (878-8613) to MTA within 24 hours of the rental.
- Call the Enterprise Rent-a-Car office nearest you at 1-800-736-8222 or find the nearest Enterprise location on-line.
- Provide the representative with your name, home address, home and work phone numbers, driver’s license number and license expiration date, time and location of pick-up, as well as directions to your pick-up location.
An Enterprise representative will pick you up at the desired location and time and bring you back to the Enterprise office (or you may get your own ride to the Enterprise office if that’s more convenient). Fill out the rental agreement (takes only a few minutes), show your valid drivers license and proof of insurance.
Please note: Should you need to purchase optional collision coverage (depends on your insurance, your responsibility) through Enterprise, some form of payment (credit card imprint, cash deposit) will be required at time of rental. Rentals are for one day only. You will be responsible for any additional days if you decide to keep the rental longer. If you are renting on a Friday, please note that the vehicle must be returned to the nearest Enterprise location on Saturday. You are responsible for refueling the vehicle prior to returning the rental to Enterprise.
Taxi: If your commute is LESS than 20 miles one-way, you could use a designated taxi in your area. You must have selected the Emergency Ride Home option when you signed up with GO MAINE. If you haven’t done that, click here to edit your profile and select it now.
Please note: For commuters requiring a taxi ride, beginning November 1, 2012, GO MAINE will no longer reimburse an individual for an Emergency Ride Home. Currently, Al’s Taxi (622-5846) in Augusta and At Your Service Taxi (288-9222) in Bar Harbor are the only registered taxi companies in the GO MAINE program. We do anticipate registering additional taxi companies in the coming months.
- Log in to your GO MAINE account and click on the Emergency Ride Home page to get a printable taxi ride request form. Print this off before you take the taxi and fax (878-8613) to MTA within 24 hours of the taxi ride home.
- Call a GO MAINE registered taxi company to arrange a ride home.
One Response to Emergency Ride Home Benefit
Pingback: Cyclelicious » Emergency Ride Home