Green Commuting is a bit harder during a pandemic that's why Way 2 GO MAINE went all virtual this year. There was still the Team Spirit Race plus other races for commuters to win prizes and to celebrate green commuting! It was great fun to see the family carpools and GO MAINERs furry coworkers at their home offices. We also saluted those essential workers who have been commuting to their jobs all through 2020 and we loved seeing all the folks still taking active trips to work.
Thanks to all who have participated in Way 2 GO MAINE!! We hope it added a bit more fun and community to your commute this month - whether that was down the hall to your home office or many miles to your workplace.
And without further ado, the 2020 Way 2 GO MAINE winners are:
- MOST TEAM SPIRIT: Coastal Enterprises, Inc.
- NEW MEMBER $100 DRAWING: Rami Waked, Maine Medical Center
- GRAND PRIZE $200 DRAWING: Troy Moon, City of Portland
- WEEK 1: THE FAMILY THAT CARPOOLS TOGETHER... $50 DRAWING - Cary Tyson from Portland Downtown and Sarah Hansen from Greater Portland Landmarks
- WEEK 2: WORKING HARD FROM HOME $50 DRAWING - Evelyn Clarke, Hannaford Supermarkets
- WEEK 3: ESSENTIAL WORKERS GO GREEN $50 DRAWING - Elizabeth Morrissey, City of Portland Fire Department
- WEEK 4: 100% HUMAN-POWERED TRIPS $50 DRAWING - Rick Harbison, Greater Portland Council of Governments
Congratulations to all of these individuals and organizations - and to everyone who participated in the Way 2 GO MAINE Celebration!
And thanks for logging your trips! We blew past our Way 2 GO MAINE Does Good goal of recording 1,000 greener trips during the challenge and 1,500 meals have been donated towards Maine hunger relief. Together, we can continue helping our neighbors and making a difference in Maine.
Here are the results of all that green commuting.
Search #Way2GOMAINE for all the fun.