First Week Highlights
We had a great time holding a pre-Challenge Kickoff at Bangor Savings's headquarters
on the Bangor Waterfront and with the City of Bangor at the Cross Center
on September 26 (thanks to our Point People: Nicole Fletcher at Bangor Savings and Melissa Gabriel and Lori Bagley at the City of Bangor!)
As an unexpected bonus, last week Bangor Savings staff and GO MAINE were interviewed about the Challenge by News Center Maine
Then we celebrated our 1st Transportation Tuesday of the month at Maine Medical Center Research Institute in Scarborough
on launch day, October 1 (thanks to one of our MaineHealth Point People crew, Victoria Van Berlo!)
And yesterday we held our 2nd Transportation Tuesday at Coastal Enterprises in Brunswick (thanks to Point Person, Jennifer Sporzynski!)
Thanks for welcoming us in, everyone - and we love sharing with you in the celebration of Way 2 GO!
We also had the great thrill of again seeing "Way 2 GO" up on the Time & Temperature Building
in downtown Portland - did any of you see it if you were passing through the city? Thanks to the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein for donating space and time on the sign!
We also love the work of Portland Downtown, the City of Portland
and others on the Drive Less, Do More marketing campaign
. If you haven't seen their sweet video
with a fabulous cast of local folks, you should totally check it out!
You've been sharing lots of Way 2 GO MAINE love
on social media and getting credit for the Most Team Spirit race.
From a recent update to the leaderboard, the amazing University of New England is currently in the lead - yay!
Be sure to search the #Way2GOMAINE on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and see who all is breathing down their neck!
Folks have also been doing some fun Way 2 GO stuff internally within their workplaces.
For example, Tyler Technologies
has started sharing some great Commuter Profiles with their staff. As additional fruit, more co-workers have been approaching them for commuting ideas and advice. (You can see an example below - thanks to Point Person, Julianna Lord, and her Way 2 GO crew!)
Last but definitely not least, we're getting started on our prize drawings!
- Cliff Zimmerman from CEI was our prize winner for the Register-as-a-New-GO-MAINE-Member-in-September drawing of two tickets on the Downeaster.
- We've just drawn our $100 to Reny's prize winner (still awaiting their confirmation).
- And on Wednesday, after the first full week of logging trips, we'll draw our Bicycle Commuter prize for $25 to Cyclemania. (The drawing is open to all folks who logged at least one bicycle commute trip during that week.)
- Next week we'll be drawing the winner for $100 to Shaw's and up to $25 in transit passes for a transit commuter.
- Note: every week individuals who log their trips are eligible for the weekly gift card prize drawing and also the individual commute-specific drawing. Upcoming weeks will be: Week 3: $100 to Olympia Sports AND Walking Commuters $25 to New Balance; Week 4: $100 to L.L. Bean AND Car and Vanpoolers $25 to Pep Boys; GRAND PRIZE: $250 to Hannaford
Here's the latest list of who is participating in Way 2 GO MAINE
- remember, if your workplace is not listed, you can still register at any time during October
to join the fun!
Look for more info soon!!
- Aurora Financial Group, LLC
- Bangor Savings Bank
- Bath Iron Works
- Bowdoin College
- City of Bangor
- City of Portland
- Coastal Enterprises, Inc.
- Community Housing of Maine
- Cornerstone Financial Planning
- Greater Portland Council of Govenments (GPCOG)
- Greenbacker Capital
- Grove Collaborative
- Gulf of Maine Research Institute
- KidsPeace - Ellsworth
- Maine College of Art
- Maine House Democratic Office
- Maine Medical Center/MaineHealth
- Portland Downtown
- Portland Trails
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
- Robert Half International
- Saint Joseph's College
- SRC, Inc.
- State of Maine - Department of Education
- State of Maine - Department of Environmental Protection
- State of Maine - Department of Transportation
- The Brunswick Bar & Grille
- The Jackson Laboratory
- Tyler Technologies
- University of New England
- Verbena Eat Right Now
- VETRO FiberMap®