What is it?
When you register with GO MAINE to carpool, vanpool, bike, walk or ride the bus, you are eligible for our Emergency Ride Home Benefit (ERH). It’s a free taxi ride with a registered taxi company or Enterprise Rent-a-Car home in the event you get sick at work, an illness, there’s a family crisis, unscheduled overtime or other unforeseen workday emergency.
What’s the catch?
This benefit is only available to registered GO MAINE commuters who carpool, vanpool, take the bus or train, walk or bicycle at least 3 times per week. Use of this special benefit is limited to eight times within a calendar year, with the exception of commuters at Jackson Lab in Bar Harbor who can use it up to 4 times a calendar year.
How do I get it?
With your GO MAINE account, the ERH benefit is now a reward and no points are needed!!! Simply select and redeem the ERH like you would any other reward. Next answer a few questions that are emailed to you and follow the steps below.
What are the details?
Read below to see what option fits you. Most GO MAINERS fit in the Car Rental category.
Car Rental: If your commute is NOT in Bar Harbor Portland, Bangor or Bath, this is for you.
- Log in to your GO MAINE account, click on the the MORE tab and pick the Emergency Ride Home reward and then follow the steps provided.
- Call the Enterprise Rent-a-Car office at 1-800-736-8222 or find the nearest Enterprise location here.
- Provide the representative with your name, home address, home and work phone numbers, driver’s license number and license expiration date, time and location of pick-up, as well as directions to your pick-up location.
An Enterprise representative will pick you up at the desired location and time and bring you back to the Enterprise office (or you may get your own ride to the Enterprise office if that’s more convenient). Next just fill out the rental agreement (takes only a few minutes), show your valid drivers license and proof of insurance and you are ready to go home!
Other Important Things! Read this too.
Should you need to purchase optional collision coverage (depends on your insurance, your responsibility) through Enterprise, some form of payment (credit card imprint, cash deposit) will be required at time of rental.
Rentals are for one day only. You will be responsible for any additional days if you decide to keep the rental longer.
If you are renting on a Friday, please note that the vehicle must be returned to the nearest Enterprise location on Saturday.
You are responsible for refueling the vehicle prior to returning the rental to Enterprise.
Taxi: currently for Bangor, Bar Harbor, Bath and Portland area Commuters
Log in to your GO MAINE account, click the REWARDS tab, select the Featured! button, and pick the the Emergency Ride Home reward and follow the steps provided.
Bangor Area Commuters:
- Carr's Taxi at (207) 659-5878
Bar Harbor Area Commuters: (updated 2/26/20)
- Amy’s Taxi and Tours at (207) 479-9053
- Point 2 Point Taxi at (207) 669-0220
- City Cab at (207) 942-4990
Bath/Brunswick Area Commuters:
- Maine Street Taxi at (207)-449-8990
Portland Area Commuters:
- ASAP Taxi at (207)-791-2727
See here for more information about GO MAINE program rewards.